My boyfriend and I went to London to watch a play that was written by and starred his older brother. The next day we decided to do a bit of shopping around Oxford Street and Camden. I loved the black studded wedges from Urban Outfitters. They looked so comfortable and practical for everyday wear.
Pretty Camden Lock.

I enjoyed walking around Camden Town and appreciating the wide range of stalls.
After a day of walking around, we decided to end our day in London by having a feast in Gourmet Burger Kitchen. The mint milkshake is to die for.

A collection of some of my favourite jewellery pieces from;

Forever 21
Dorothy Perkins
Urban Outfitters
and some gifts from loved ones.

<a href="">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>


For the final project of Second Year, we were assigned to write our own briefs. I researched current trends and produced two mood boards. One represented botanical prints and the other represented pastel tones. I also wrote a short trend article that backed up all of the research that I had done for the project.

Image sources from Textile View Magazine issues 95 and 96, UK Vogue January 2012, W Magazine March 2012, Topshop S/S Magazine 2012, ELLE UK May 2012.,

A Collection of Second Year Projects.

For this scheme of work, we had to design a weave collection for outdoor furniture company 'Hartman.' I chose to base my work on 'Autumn leaves' and focused on ember tones for my colour palette.

One of my final designs presented on an A2 board.
Drawing exercises and design ideas for the 'Bleep' project. I worked with bright, vibrant colours as I felt that the tones were reminiscent of electrical wires and cords.

My final knit pieces presented on A2 boards.

Textile Design: First Year Projects

I started my project by researching relevant images and experimenting with appropriate techniques that would link in with my chosen theme of 'Scraping and Scabbing.'

I have used bubble wrap as a base several times as it allows me to trap objects in between. To add more colour and to give the illusion of a stripey effect, I have used an iron to melt the rubber bands with the acrylic paints and nail varnish.

Some research pages that were in relation to stripes and knitwear. To add effect and more texture on my knit samples, I have experimented with foiling and puff binder.

I presented my final knit samples on headers.

Images of my final weave designs presented on A2 boards. The project brief consisted of designing weave samples for a client that could be interpreted to any household items of our choice. I chose to focus on rugs and door mats. Similarly to my 'Stripes' project, you can see that I have continued to use a similar colour palette. I experimented with a number of different weave designs.